Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review on Rush of Darkness by Rhyannon Byrd

  Author: Rhyannon Byrd
Novel: Rush of Darkness


So, it took me forever to find this novel. It's hard to find any of Rhyannon Byrd's novels actually. She's a great author so of course I knocked down a couple of doors to find this one. (Mainly the doors of Amazon, I gotta love kindle for Mac) I've read every other novel by her, well at least in this series, and it was a great read. Let's give it a go.

Synopsis: Raine Spenser is on the brink. Held prisoner because of her abilities, Raine--a powerful psychic as well as a vampire--desperately needs a savior. But the last one she expected was the green eyed who'd once hunted her kind. Since her rescue, she's tried to forget Seth McConnell, unable to cope with the strange, simmering attraction that draws her to the compelling human.
But their goals--find the Kraven who held Raine and destroy him--are the same. The ever-growing web of danger surrounding them draws these two unlikely allies close together, and anger slowly turns into an explosive passion they're finding harder and harder to deny.

My Take: Raine is damaged goods. She accepts it, but doesn't expect anyone else too. Slowly losing herself to the unquenchable desire for revenge, she almost crosses to the dark side, until the hard edged soldier, Seth, steps into the picture to save her. She can either fall for the desire that holds them both captive, or separate from him and lose a piece of herself.

The Review: Once again, Rhyannon Byrd has amazed me. I love the world she has created and am pleased with the way she writes.
Raine is strong. After all she's been trough (and still going through), she chooses to keep going. Perhaps she's suffering from a bit of blood lust in the beginning, there's nothing wrong with that. We all suffer sometimes (Like when you see a woman grab the last box of chunky triple chocolate ice cream. I vote on bloody, murder!!) Now, I think it could've been a bit better if I knew some more about Raine. Even after completing the novel, I don't feel as though I know HER. Maybe I know the way her personality functions, but not much else.
Seth McConnell, boy is he sexy. Hard. Demanding. Angry(in a good way). And has the sex appeal of Bradley Cooper. (I have to say that I think everybody's going to remind me of Bradley Cooper for a while. I just saw the Hangover 2). I enjoyed Seth as a character. I understood his motivations for hunting vampires and I understood his pain. When he opened himself up to Raine, I actually believed him, like he was trying to tell me why he'd done it.
If you've read any of her former work, you're probably familiar with the language and lingo. The Kraven, the Collective, the Watchmen, etc. If not, you should definitely read her series. A very awesome Paranormal romance series.
My rate would be a...7.5/10

Cheers!
   Lea




No comments:

Post a Comment