Saturday, May 21, 2011

Review on Down-low Dead by Giovanni Gelati and Vincent Zandri

Author: Giovanni Gelati
Novel: Down Low Dead (A Short Story)

     So I was given the opportunity to review the wonderful Giovanni Gelati's novel and I must say I was shocked the entire time I was reading. Not shocked like this-is-awful-kill-me-now, it was more of he's-a-literary-genius-and-i'm-close-to-crying. I was absolutely rolling with laughter. For the past few weeks, I've only been reviewing Romance novels and that's what I was expecting from Mr. Gelati, but no, he surprised me and gave me something different. I'm curious to know if he'd done it on purpose???

My Take: This short story features Gelati himself as well as Vincent Zandri also known as Harold Ballipshitz (also known as Harry Ballz). It tells the story how Zandri takes Gelati and his wife captive for revenge because of an embarassing childhood at the hands of Gelati.

The Review: If you're up for some comedy mixed with a little bloodshed, this is right up your alley. I positively enjoyed everything going on and it was worth the read. In the beginning, Gelati is so rude and obnoxious, yet once he explains himself I was like, well, he does have a point there. I wish it could have been longer so I could enjoy Gelati some more, but it was sufficient, but I felt bad for Mrs. Gelati, especially when (no spoilers) and Mr. Gelati got a punch to the nose for it.

But I understand sir. You love your kindle, I love my Mac.

Cheers!
    Lea

2 comments:

  1. I love shocking books--in the I-love-this-read LOL! Sooo fun. Great blog and I really like the witty name ;)

    I'm following.
    ecwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for following! And his book is a must read!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete