Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Movie Tuesday: Review on the Sorcerer's Apprentice










So today I'm choosing to do something different. On Tuesdays, I'm going to do reviews on movies. Possibly new movies, or at least some Classics. (Aren't you excited? I am!) To jump start the tradition, I chose the movie The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I wanted to see the movie, but I wasn't sure whether it was a knock off Harry Potter (I would bloody hate that), but since it was a watch instantly on Netflix, I chose to try it out. So here it is...

My take : Tells the story of David, a descendent of a great sorcerer, Merlin. He meets Balthazar (Nicholas Cage) who was one of the three chosen sorcerers to defend mankind. They both fight off Morgana(spell check).

The Review: So taking a modern twist to the classic story of a sorcerer, David is brought up as a human who has no idea he has sorcerer blood. Then one day at the age of ten, he ventures into a store where a crazy man (Cage) talks to him about a ring and eventually gets him to put it on. Of course it fits and the rest is history.
Now, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I couldn't stop laughing. I thought the main character Dave was adorable (even at the age of 20). I wish they could have talked more about the love interest and fighting the other sorcerers that were released. (yes, it did get a bit confusing. Especially if you don't understand the terminology.)

Despite a couple mishaps, it was an overall entertaining movie and I'd give it a B+

Cheers!
    Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment