Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review on I am Number Four

Movie: I Am Number Four
Main Actor: Alex Pettyfer

When I saw the preview for this I did want to go to the theater to see it, but for some reason I don't remember I didn't go see it. Needless to say it came out on dvd, but I didn't buy it...anywho I rented it from the blockbuster kiosk. I loved it.

Synopsis: John is an extraordinary teen, masking his identity and passing as a typical high school student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already died...he is number four.

My Take: John (Pettyfer) is trying to pass an an ordinary teen though he's far from normal. After usffering from a searing new scar, John is back on the run because the scar's appearance in witnessed. After moving to a new town, he finds love and also must escape the hands of the creatures hunting him.


The Review: For some reason, I did not originally like Alex Pettyfer. I don't know, I think I heard he was a racist or something (that's not true by the way) and I just didn't want to see any movie he was in. Anyway, after assuming the claims weren't true (How am I suppose to know I don't know him personally) I watched I Am Number Four. 
It was enjoyable. Pettyfer is swoon worthy and played his part well. I didn't quite understand what he was suffering from in the beginning but once I figured it out I began to enjoy it.I understood his purpose on Earth and I must say, if all aliens look like him and number six, humans definitely suck as a race (joking). John's (Pettyfer) uncle is a homey type alien (LOL). I felt the love he had for his nephew with all the protective measures he took in trying to keep them incognito.
One thing I didn't like about the movie is the fact that John fell in love so quickly with the female lead (one of the girls from Glee). It seemed a bit random when he suddenly declared his love for her.
I thoroughly enjoyed Number six. I don't think they ever actually told us her name. She was badass. (Excuse the language). When she blew up John's house and the fire engulfed her, I think that was my favorite part of the movie. 

Okay, so at the end of the movie, they kid of hinted that there might be more of the numbers. I'm not sure how that's possible exactly. Considering they have to be killed in order, I'm not sure how they're going to pull this off when they have to be killed in order. I wouldn't want them to kill Alex Pettyfer, that wouldn't make me watch the other movies.

I've rate the movie perhaps a 7.8/10

Cheers!
   Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment